- Where should I find a database identifier ?
- Where should I find a database region name ?
- How to create a keyspace or a namespace ?
Where should I find a database identifier ?¶
id is a unique identifier (
GUID) for your database. You can find it on the main dashboard of AstraDB. You can copy it to the clipboard by clicking the small icon 📋
ℹ️ Note that, unlike the database identifier, the database name is not unique in an organization. (
project in the screenshot above)
Where should I find a database region name ?¶
A database can have one or multiple regions. Each region will have a datacenter Id and a region name. The region name is the one used in the Api Urls.
- Access your database dashboard by clicking its name either in the menu on the left or on the main panel.
- Locate the region name in the Regions table. In the screenshot below we do have two;
How do I create a namespace or a keyspace ?¶
Namespaces and keyspaces are synonyms. There are two ways to create them.
- You can create them when you create a database
- You can create them on the Database Dashboard in the
Keyspacessection by clicking the button
Access your database dashboard by clicking its name either in the menu on the left or on the main panel.
Locate the Add Keyspace button in the botton right-hand corner
Create Keyspace from its name. The database will switch to
MAINTENANCE mode for a few seconds but do not worry the application can still request the other keyspaces.